Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development of pupils at Delta Academies, including British Values
The Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development of our pupils has always been at the heart of the education offered in Delta Academies. Our school approach to SMSC is embedded in the Delta ethos of mutual respect, partnership working and collaboration; an approach that we believe is fundamental to a full and positive participation in life in modern Britain.
Academy ethos statement:
Our Vision is to create a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils on the first step of their school journey.
Our core values are that independence, positive relationships, engagement and enjoyment are at the heart of all we do.
Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- Children take part in weekly Jigsaw lessons
- We have a trained and accredited Thrive practitioner who supports the academies approach to SEMH
- Monday mornings assembly focus on PSHCE aspects of the curriculum including Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- Wednesday assemblies are an opportunity for us to come together to sing as a school
- On Friday assemblies we celebrate the achievements of ourselves and others
Religious Education (RE) lessons:
- RE lessons
- Religious Visits
- Visitors from various faiths
- Celebrations from all faiths represented within school
From September 2019 we have been teaching RSE in line with the expectations from the Department of Education. Please see the link below for more information:
We consulted our community on the curriculum that we would follow. Please click the link below for the agreed coverage: