We welcome and value your support as a parent or carer
We know that parental involvement has a strong and positive influence on a child’s level of attainment: the more parents get involved the higher the level of the pupil's attainment. As a school we are committed to working closely with families to ensure we are able to provide the best education and provision for your son/daughter. This can be achieved through open communication and ensuring that we effectively share information, we have an open door policy and welcome any information or concerns you have to ensure we can effectively support your child in school. With this in mind this section of the website has been designed to help parents and carers support the learning of their children.
Information about returnng to school in March 2021
We know many parents will be anxious about sending their child back to school during the Covid-19 pandemic. At Southmere Primary Academy we have followed all the guidance supplied by the Department for Education and ave worked hard to back the school Covid-19 safe.
We have put in place many protective measures. Such as:
- Staggered start and end times to the school day
- Children remaining in Class or Year group Bubbles
- A one way system inside to avoid corridor congestion
- A one way system outside to avoid congestion at drop off and pick up time
- Staff wearing face coverings in communal areas
- School assemblies taking place on Zoom rather than in the hall
- Enhanced cleaning, including disinfectant fogging of classrooms at lunchtimes
Please see the below image of routes to take to enter and exit the school site:
It is very important that all children return to school so that they have missed so much during school closures. We are so proud of the work that children have completed online, however this can not take the place of face to face teaching with a qualified teacher.
Please read the letter that was sent out about school openings that details more information about returning to school and if you have any further questions please complete a website contact form or contact the school office.
- Reopening Letter March 2021(514 KB)